Active Protection Systems
Army HQ needed to provide evidence to support Chief of the General Staff directed decision points regarding the optimum approach to providing an APS capability for the armoured vehicle fleet. The requirement also included the need to provide evidence to de-risk accelerated procurement of APS technology in the event of operational need.
SDE established and led a team of SMEs in the conduct of the study during which they:
- Undertook a market survey of COTS APS and analysed performance, cost (acquisition and through life) and discriminators.
- Developed the cross-DLOD considerations for the introduction of an APS capability to UK Land Forces.
- Developed an Initial APS Capability Safety and Environmental Case identifying the key safety and environmental considerations.
- Developed, through engagement with key Stakeholders across MOD, an integrated capability roadmap, describing key decision timelines. Developed engagement planning material for key stakeholders.
- Generated a Capstone report to inform MGBC evidence requirements to support an APS balance of investment decision.
SDE provided Army HQ with clear, concise and unambiguous analysis of the decision support information required by the customer for selection of future APS capabilities in very tight timescales taking into account Equipment and wider DLOD issues.