DGM Safety & Environmental Support
Defence General Munitions (DGM) DT required the provision and update of Safety and Environmental Management Plan (SEMP) and Safety and Environmental Case Reports (SECRs) across the three munition management areas.
To deliver this task SDE provided a team of Subject Matter Experts in Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives safety to support DGM in the:
- Major revision and update of the DGM Safety and Environmental Management Plan (SEMP).
- Establishment and maintenance of Safety and Environmental Case Reports (SECR) for over 180 separate items across the three munitions management areas.
- Facilitation of Project Safety and Environmental Panels (PSEP).
- Creation of Ordnance, Munitions, Explosives Safety Instructions (OMESI).
- Establishment and update of Digital Air Publications (DAP) and Digital Munitions Publications (DMP).
- Hazard log creation and update.
- Preparation for OME Safety Review Panel.
The WOME Safety and Environmental expertise provided by SDE greatly facilitated DGM’s review and update of their large suite of safety documentation across the full inventory of stores managed by DGM. This enabled Project Managers and Lead Engineers to focus on the key issues, whilst maintaining control of their SECRs.
- Creation of Safety and Environmental Safety Case Report (SECR)
- Update of Safety and Environmental Management Plan (SEMP)
- Drafting of Hazard Logs
- Creation of Digital Air Publications (DAP) and Digital Munitions Publications (DMP)
- Defence ordnance, munitions and explosives safety and environmental management policy (DSA 03.OME/JSP 520).
- Safety Management Requirements for Defence Systems (Def Stan 00-56)
- Defence Policy for health, safety and environmental protection (DSA 01.1)
- Management of Environmental Protection in Defence (JSP 418)
- Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS)
- Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS)