MAWS Independent Safety Audit
Maritime Anti-Air Weapon System (MAWS) PT required Independent Safety Audit (ISA), including both Sea Viper (SV) and the associated Long Range Radar (LRR) at both PT and Prime Contractor Level.
To deliver this task SDE provided a small team of experienced ISAs, with a background in Ordnance Munitions and Explosives and System Safety to provide:
- ISA support to the regular MAWS PT level Safety and Environmental Panels (SEP).
- ISA support to the regular SV and LRR SEPs.
- An Independent Safety Audit of the MAWS Safety Management System (SMS) and Safety and Environmental Plan (SEMP) against the SV Programme.
- An Independent Safety Audit of the MAWS SMS and SEMP against the LRR Programme.
- An Independent Safety Audit of the MBDA SMS as applied to the SV programme.
- An Independent Safety Audit of the BAE Systems SMS as applied to the LRR programme.
- An Independent review of Safety and Environmental Legislation applicable to MAWS PT.
Assurance, following independent safety audit, that the MAWS SMS and SEMP are robust and are being correctly applied to the Sea Viper and Long Range Radar programmes. Assurance to the MAWS PT that the Prime contractors have robust Safety Management Systems in place.